Think you got game? Time to put your tennis skills to the test. Super stars like Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Marion Bartoli, Ana Ivanovic, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic want you to take your best shot. And it’s all for a good cause.
Each year the Miami Open tennis tournament takes over Miami’s most idyllic tropical island — Key Biscayne. All of the hottest names in tennis will compete March 17-30, 2014 at Crandon Park.
And during this year’s tournament a few of the top pros are returning to The Ritz-Carlton to play against a few lucky and courageous individuals, including yours truly. I’m going to have to hit the court ahead of time to practice my swing, that’s for sure!
Who’s Going to Be There:
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, who all share court time and commentary throughout the event and Round Robin, the all-star lineup features:
- Serena Williams, currently ranked number one single’s women player in the world and 17-time Grand Slam winner.
- Novak Djokovic, who won six Grand Slam titles and is ranked number 2 in the world.
- Andy Murray, 2013 Wimbledon Champion, 2012 Men’s Single Olympic Gold Medalist and U.S. Open Champion.
- Ana Ivanovic, former number 1 singles player in the world and winner of the French Open.
- Marion Bartoli, 2013 Wimbledon Champion and former number 1 single’s women French player.
- Bryan Brothers, twin brothers and the only double team in history to hold every major title, having won all for Grand Slams, Olympic Gold, all 9 Masters series titles, the Year-End Championships, Davis Cup and Wimbledon Championships during their careers.
Think you’ve got what it takes? You can enter the competition, too. Only 24 entries are available and remember it all benefits a good cause. Proceeds from the event will support First Serve Miami, an organization that helps economically and socially challenged youth learn life skills.
VIP All Access Pass ($5,000): You get one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Other Ticket Options Include:
- $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
- $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
- $75 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d’oeuvres while they watch all the action.
When: Tues. March 18, 2014 from 2 to 6 p.m. Includes a cocktail reception provided by Finlandia Vodka and Chambord, passed hors d’oeuvres, exhibition matches with the top stars, a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and more.
Where: The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
Tickets: Start at $75 for spectators and go up to $5,000 for VIP players. Purchase tickets by calling (305) 365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at Mark.Chellas@ritzcarlton.com.
Book the Ultimate Tennis Dream Vacation at The Ritz-Carlton
Valid March 17-21, rates start from $5,999 and include:
- VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 18th with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros
- Box seats to Sony Open for two
- Overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite with breakfast daily
- Adult tennis clinic for two and one house private tennis lesson for two
- Airport transfers
- Champagne upon arrival and a welcome amenity