Art Basel’s 13th edition in Miami Beach ended with a bang after a weeklong line-up of swanky hotel parties. One of my favorite events of the week included local artist Jen Stark’s Teepee Project at the Mondrian South Beach, hence the photo below…
More than 70,000 attendees flocked to the main event at the Miami Beach Convention Center, while others attended special events and exhibits hosted all over the city. Miami’s hottest hotels joined in on the action.
Check out these Instagram shots:
1. Mondrian South Beach: Artist Jen Stark debuted her Tepee Project by the pool at the Mondrian and attended the hotel’s Morgans x Munchies dinner.
2. W Hotel South Beach: DJ Paris Hilton got the crowd going at Wall Lounge.
3. The Standard: Works by famed photographer Fabrizio Cestari and curated by Galleria Ca’ D’oro were displayed at the water’s edge at The Standard.
4. The Ritz-Carlton South Beach: Diana Lowenstein Gallery hosted BaselBikes, a bike share program featuring custom Republic Bikes created by Miami-based artists Felice Grodin, Michael Loveland and Alex Trimino.
5. The Delano South Beach: The hotel hosted a large scale exhibit by Daniel Arsham and Alex Mustonen of Snarkitecture inside the lobby and a performance by Theophilus London and Travis Scott called “Airball at Delano” Snarkitecture vs. Alchemist.
6. The James Royal Palm: Architectural Digest’s hosted a VIP Oasis Lounge envisioned by celebrity interior designer, Thom Filicia.