Kara Franker is an editor, writer, TV host, blogger and attorney in Miami.
With a penchant for producing luxury lifestyle content, Kara’s coverage includes weddings, travel, style, design and entertainment.
She is the Editor-in-Chief of Modern Luxury Weddings South Florida and The Caribbean and the Digital Travel Editor of MiamiAndBeaches.com.
Recently, Kara was part of the production and script writing team for celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse’s show on the Cooking Channel.
Her additional credits include: Coastal Living, The Huffington Post, Orbitz, USA Today’s 10Best, HGTV, DIY Network, Miami.com, Visit Florida and her blog.
Previously, Kara served as the destination wedding and luxury travel expert for Visit Florida, generating both written and video content, promoting the Sunshine State.
She was featured in Condé Nast Traveler as a Florida travel expert, and has been listed as one of Coastal Living’s top travel Instagrammers to follow.
Before pursuing a full-time career in the publishing industry, Kara worked as a criminal prosecutor in Miami, specializing in domestic violence cases.
She obtained her juris doctor from the University of Denver College of Law, where she was a staff editor for the Denver Journal of International Law & Policy.
Kara graduated with a B.S. degree in journalism from the University of Kansas, William Allen White School of Journalism & Mass Communication.
She is a former NFL Cheerleader for the Kansas City Chiefs and the former head coach of the University of Denver Dance Team.
- Featured twice as a Florida travel expert for Condé Nast Traveler
- Coastal Living’s 7 Fantastic Travel Instagrammers We’re Following Right Now
- Yahoo Travel’s 8 Epic Travel Instagram Accounts to Follow
- Pitbull’s #LoveFL Version of Sexy Beaches
- TV Host and Travel Expert for a Satellite Media Tour Celebrating St. Augustine’s 450th Anniversary
- TV Host and Travel Expert for a Satellite Media Tour Celebrating Florida’s 500th Birthday
- Orbitz: Travel Influencers Reveal Their Best Birthday Trips
- First Coast News: Angie Away’s TV Travel Segment
- Miami Herald: #MyMiami Featured Instagrammer
- Travel Guide to Florida: Southeast Florida: Sun, Sand & Sizzle
- Great American Country (GAC): Photo tours
- Luxportation’s Lux Guide: The Best Places to Visit in 2016 According to 20 of the World’s Top Luxury Travel Bloggers
- Neiman Marcus: Frances’ Favorite Things at Neiman Marcus Bal Harbour
- Palm Beach Post: SunFest 2015 extra: Media cocktail making on the Captain Morgan Floating Oasis
- Judge for Amelia Island’s #LoveAmelia and Win Photo Contest
- PC World: The Universal Rewards of Passion & Persistence
- Zillow: Navigating Miami: Locals Favorite Beaches
- Trivago: Local Expert for Miami Beach
- McCool Travel: 5 Minutes With Kara Franker
- Creatrice Mondial: A Conversation with Kara Franker, Travel Writer
- Ruthie’s Routes: 11 Florida Instagram Communities to Follow
- X Ray Cat: Family Guy Top Beaches in Miami
- Ireland’s Attraction Tickets: The Venice of America: the best attractions in Fort Lauderdale
Examples of Published Links & Topics:
- Coastal Living:
- Huffington Post:
- USA Today’s 10Best: 10 Best Attractions and Activities in St. Petersburg and Clearwater
- Travel Guide to Florida: Delight Your Senses
- Aol.com: Wynwood Walls in Miami, Florida
- Miami.com: For an adventurous & luxurious escape, head to the Caribbean island of Nevis
- TheTravelBite.com: A Weekend Getaway to the Dominican Republic
- teNeus Publishing Group: Cool Cities Miami
- MiamiAndBeaches.com: published hundreds of articles, here’s one: The Ultimate Romantic Getaway to Miami
- HGTV: completed hundreds of articles; here are a few examples
- Tour a Luxe Venetian Island Home in Miami Beach
- Tour Al Capone’s Former Pool House on Palm Island
- Tour a Miami Beach Sky Home
- Tour Artefacto’s 4th Annual Design House in Miami
- Tour NBA Player Luol Deng’s Waterfront Home in Miami
- Tour Celine Dion’s Mansion in Jupiter, Fla.
- Celebrity Retreat: Tour the Penthouse at The Setai Miami Beach
- Marriott’s Florida Blog: Citrus-Infused Spa Treatments Inspired by the Sunshine State
- AJC.com: Six Luxury Gift Ideas Inspired by Miami Beach
- AskMissA.com: Christmas in the Country Brings Small Town to Life & 5 Important Tips for Planning Your First Trip to New York City
- TalkTalk: Play Polo in Palm Beach
- Miami Design District: Host of HGTV’s Design Star to Host AIDS Walk Miami
- Visit Florida: Published more than 600 articles (too many to link!)
- Oyster.com: completed hundreds of reviews; here are a few examples:
Real Estate & Design
- Modern Luxury Interiors South Florida: Surface Quality
- HGTV’s Frontdoor.com (published more than 200 stories and galleries):
Fashion & Style
- Miami Magazine:
- HGTV’s Frontdoor.com:
- Editor-in-Chief of Modern Luxury Brides South Florida & the Caribbean
- The Tampa Tribune
Health & Fitness
- The Rise of Anti-Aging Medicine and Risks You Should Know
- 5 Reasons Why Laughing Really is the Best Medicine
- How to Get a Stronger Heart in 10 Minutes or Less
- 3 Surprising Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally
- 5 Ways to Avoid the Sugar Overload
Listen below: CBS Podcast with Rachelle Lucas featuring Kara on the Coast.
Headshots by Goria Ruth Photography